Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Financial Peace Junior

Today we started Dave Ramsey's FPU Jr. with our kids. I made checklists for the chores they need to complete. I filled out their commission trackers and explained it all to them. Now lets see how well they do.

So far, I have clean bathrooms and they are working on their bedrooms. They have been cleaning like mad since I told them how it works. I wonder how long the excitement will last. I know most of it is from the money they will earn for the chores they do.

Maybe this will eliminate some of the fighting with chores. I made the checklists to avoid the whiny voiced "I forgot" that tends to happen when they clean their rooms. No forgetting now. Although they could still forget how to read! LOL ;-)

It is raining again today so it made sense in introduce the new items today. And it helps with having our class tonight. We will have clean bathroom for when the company shows up.

Our goal is to teach the kids how not to get into debt. Let them learn from the mistakes we have made. We truly are trying to change our family tree. I love Dave Ramsey's class and feel so blessed to have the opportunity to share it with others.

Have a blessed day. I am off to vacuum the family room and to start dinner.

2 comments:

Choppzs said...

It sounds like I am not the only one who got the OCD with cleaning in this family! lol Cleaning is my outlet..mad, sad, or happy, I am always cleaning..lol

Babyface74 said...

I don't have OCD for cleaning. I wait until I have to clean. haha. Well not that bad but we just get so busy with other things. But, I don't keep house the way my mom use to. You can tell we live in our house. :-) Although, get me on the phone with my friend in Washington or tick me off and the kitchen sparkles and things start disappearing. Steve jokes that he needs to fight with me more often. Things he didn't even know where dirty get cleaned. LOL!

But the kids like knowing they get a "commission" for the work they do. Makes them feel like they are helping and not just being told to do it. Things work better when the house is clean.