Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer time

Summer is definitely here. It is hot and rainy. Today the thunder is rolling and the lightening flashing. So the kids are in the kitchen. Shay made two batches of bread and helped Zach make yogurt pops.

They are planning out the dinner menu now. It is a surprise so they wont tell me what they are making only that it contains turkey burger. I only know that much because Zach asked me if we had any.

We bought yearly passes to the Brevard Zoo. We went last weekend with some friends. It was a great day. Hot but fun. Next time I have to remember to bring water bottles with us. They have a new lagoon water feature there. I think I will bring the kids up next week. I would this week but they are calling for rain all week. I can't complain though. Our trees need it.

Speaking of trees, I have a star fruit tree in the back yard. I have been babying it for about 6 months because I couldn't get it to bloom or fruit. Well, my babying paid off. I have several blooms and so far 3 fruit growing. I think out of this first set we will get 5 star fruit. The tree is young yet so I am happy with that. Once they start to fruit, they will give off 5 harvests a year. So, this is just the first of many. Now, I am waiting on my passion fruit vine to flower. Steve & the kids got it for me for Mother's Day. It has tripled in size!

That's it for now. Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Me said...

Hey Chrissy! I am on blogspot, but I don't blog too much these days. Maybe I'll get back into it, but, for now, I don't have much to blog about. Get me your email and I can send you the invitation for it :)

That'd be so cool to have those kind of tropical fruit trees. MI weather would kill them :)

Babyface74 said...

My email is babyface74@bellsouth.net

Babyface74 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.