Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Doing better this week

Shay working on Math-U See

Zach working on Math-U-See


Well, this week has been the best week we have had since we started homeschooling. I think I have Steve to thank for that. Last week Zach refused to do his work when I asked him to & it ended up in arguments everyday. So Daddy stepped in and now I ask three times, give a time limit and if it is still not done the work become homework and that is over seen by Daddy.

Well Friday was a Daddy day. Zach was mad because Shay was spending the night at a friends house for her friends birthday. So to punish me, Zach refused to do his work for me. So, I took it away and Daddy took over after work. It wasn't pretty. Zach sat at the table until 8:00pm doing his work. He got a short break for dinner and that was it. He told Daddy it was funner having class with Mommy......

So, this week has been much better. Shaylin is still flying through her work. I rarely have problems getting her to do her work. I have problems keeping her busy after she is done. (No tv or computer from 10am - 6pm) Zach is getting his work done faster than he normally does. We will go to different thrift stores of they are done early. I think he likes bumming. He hopes he will get a new toy to bring home. Usually not the case but it doesn't stop him from asking.... ;-)


No comments: