Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Teenager!!!

Today my first baby becomes a teenager. Shay is turning 13 today!! We had a party with her friends yesterday. They played games and then I filled up tubs with warm water and foot soaking crystals for pedicures. They had a blast!! Shay got a few surprise gifts. The biggest being a "Vero" Bradley purse that her grandma made for her. It is so pretty!! The girls just loved it. They all said it was better than the real thing because it was made with love. I agree!!

I will post pictures of the party later. Its a little after midnight and the camera is in my room. I don't want to wake up Steve. He took some medicine before bed. He got stung by a wasp and has tons of little bites all over him. I am not sure what chewed him up but there is a trail up his legs and back. He must have picked something up on his towel when he was in the hot tub last night.

Shay has decided to make dinner tonight for her "real" birthday. Grandma & Poppy didn't come over for the party today. Grandma was very sick. Poppy's birthday was Friday. We are waiting until Grandma feels better and can enjoy the celebration to have dinner with him. But she did say she would try to come tonight for dinner. Shay is making lasagna & garlic bread. (Her favorite.) I'll be on hand to help her out. But she wants to make it all herself. She is growing into a fine young lady.

Well, I need to try and get some sleep. I am fighting a sinus cold and have a hard time sleeping lately. Between the sinus pressure and the back pain I don't sleep much these days... Hopefully my FMS will calm down and my back pain will ease for a spell.

Have a good night all. I will post pictures after church.

3 comments:

Amie said...

I didn't know you were Jeremiah's cousin!! :)

Jamie said...

Happy birthday!!! Sounds like a wonderful young lady! You didn't take a picture of the purse???

Babyface74 said...

I took video of the purse. It wont load, I guess its too big. I will have to mess with it to see if I can load it again.